|Case/s Registered Today||Death/s||Discharged Patients|
Details of new cases
Details of patients admitted in the hospital
|Sr.No||Total cases as of today||Total No. of patients||Discharge||Deaths|
Details of quarantine facilities
|S.No||Home Quarantine||Government Facility||Private facility||Total|
Details of lab tests
|No.of Tests in the last 24 hours||2971||176||2795|
|Total Tests as of now||20204||871||19333|
|1||62||M||Kutch||G.K General Hospital, Bhuj||–|
|2||80||M||Botad||Kashtbhanjan COVID Hospital, Salangpur||Lung problem|
Status of COVID-19 across the globe
Details of 104 helpline
43636 calls related to COVID-19
853 people were given necessary guidance and treatment
Decisions taken to curb and prevent COVID-19
The Government of India has decided that the entire country will be in lockdown till the midnight of 14th April, 2020.
- The state government has undertaken a series of measures to ensure availability of necessary items. Arrangement has been made for Thallasemia and other Haemoglobinopathy affected patients to avail treatment in district and Taluka level hospitals with the help of Indian Red Cross Society as per the instructions given by Chief Minister. 1418 Thallasemia patients and other Haemoglobinopathy patients have been provided 1538 units of blood. 574 children have been provided necessary medicines.
- The state government has started surveillance and monitoring through the office of Health Commissioner for suspected people due to new cases of local transmission. In case the people are found positive, they will be put under the nearest quarantine facility and buffer zones for further treatment as per instructions by GOI.
Ventilator Care Training
- 1061 ventilators are available in government hospitals for treating critical patients. Around 1700 ventilators are available in private hospitals for the sane. The state government has instructed to purchase 1000 additional ventilators. 43 ventilators have been provided from Delhi.
- The state government has started ventilator care training for paramedical staff and doctors from 21-3-2020. 3522 have been provided with ventilator care training in government medical colleges till 5-4-2020.
- 9031 healthcare workers have been provided with necessary training as of 8-4-2020.
1100 helpline, E-mail helpline and Tele-medicine
Helpline no. 1100 has been started for people under isolation and home quarantine to ensure their physical and mental well being. M.B.B.S., M.D. physicians, Clinical psychologist and Psychiatrists provide round the clock Tele medicine, Tele-counseling and Tele-advise.
- Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute have also initiated tele-medicine facility. Helpline number 079-22688028 can be dialed between 09:00 AM to 10:00 pm for the same.
- 3843 calls were made on the aforementioned helpline till 15th April, 2020.
- Isolation wards, equipped with modern tools and equipments, have been started by the state government. More than 4300 isolation beds have been made available in government hospitals and more than 1000 in private hospitals. The state government shall increase the capacity for the same in the days to come.
- The Department of Health has created the Dr. TeCHO application to get details of SARI cases at the click of a button from hospitals across the length and breadth of the state. 3304 private practitioners have registered under the same.
- The state government has created a specific Purchase Committee keeping in mind the situation arising due to COVID-19. The committee will ensure the provision of essential items and other commodities in such crisis.
- A 1200 hospital has been created in Ahmedabad for patients of COVID-19. Similarly, a 250 bed hospital has been made in Rajkot and Vadodara and a 500 bed hospital in Surat. A 100 bed hospital will come up in the remaining districts in the days to come. This way, the state government will have a capacity 8400 beds to treat COVID-19 patients.
- Medical Colleges at Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Bhavnagar, Jamnagar, Rajkot and 3 private labs in Ahmedabad namely Newbarg Supratech Laboratory, Unipeth Laboratory, and Pan Jino Mix Laboratory are certified for the COVID Lab testing.
Drugs and Logistics
- Masks and sanitizers fall under essential commodities as declared by GOI. 9.75 lakh N-95 masks, 3.58 lakh PPE kits and 1.23 crore triple layer masks have been made available in Gujarat.
- 1061 ventilators are available in government hospitals and 1700 in private hospitals for treating critical patients.
- Hydroxychloroquine has been declared as a scheduled H1 drug by GOI. The same can be made available as per doctor’s prescription.
The state government has extended the date of retirement of officers of health department to 31-05-2020 in order to ensure unhindered manpower during this global pandemic.
- The state government has also decided to appoint doctors and medical professionals on an 11 month contract in order to ensure sufficient medicinal experts during COVID-19 crisis.
The state government has adopted the strategy of Cluster Containment in Ahmedabad based on the number of patients in a particular area. Those areas which registered a high number of positive cases have been put down complete lockdown. The government is surveying the areas and identifying people with possibilities of infection and adopting measures to treat them. The strategy is operational in the below mentioned areas as of now
|Details||Ahmedabad Corporation||Surat Corporation||Bhavnagar Corporation||Vadodara Corporation||Rajkot Corporation||Total|
|Team members figure||M.O 14
Total – 96
Total – 71
Total – 80
Total – 14
Total – 134
Total – 395
Contact the helpline numbers 104, 1070, 1100 and 1077 for information regarding COVID-19. You can also reach out to us on Twitter: @GujHFWDept