Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare has released the 2nd Advance Estimates of 2019-20 of Area and Production of various Horticulture Crops. These are based on the information received from States and other source agencies.
|Total Horticulture||2018-19 (Final)||2019-20 (2nd Advance Estimate)|
|Area (Million Hectare)||25.43||25.66|
|Production (Million tonne)||310.74||320.48|
Highlights of 2019-20 (2nd Advance Estimates):
- Total Horticulture production in 2019-20 (2nd Advance Estimates) is estimated to be 3.13% higher than 2018-19.
- Increase in Vegetables, Fruits, Aromatics and Medicinal Plants and Flowers, while decrease in Plantation Crops and Spices, over previous year, is observed.
- The Fruits production is estimated to be 99.07 Million Tonne compared to 97.97 Million Tonne production in 2018-19. It is mainly due to increase in production of Banana, Apple, Citrus and Watermelon.
- The production of Vegetables in 2019-20 is estimated to be 191.77 Million Tonne, compared to 183.17 Million Tonne in 2018-19. Increase is mainly due to increased production of Onion, Tomato, Okra, Peas, Potato, etc.
- Onion production is estimated to be 26.74 Million Tonne, as compared to 22.82 Million Tonne in 2018-19.
- Tomato production is estimated to be 20.57 Million Tonne (increase of 8.2%) as compared to 19.01 Million Tonnes in 2018-19.