Dr S. Eswara Reddy, Drugs Controller General of India will be the Chief Guest
Ahmedabad: The 15th National Conference and Technology Exhibition on “Indian Medical Devices & Plastics Disposables / Implants Industry (IMDI) 2018” to be held on October 26-27, 2018 at Ahmedabad Management Association (AMA). Theme of the Conference this year is “Medical Device Sector : Making India Globally Competitive”. The event will include presentations from knowledgeable eminent speakers from Industry, Research Institutions, Professionals and Academic Institutes from India and abroad. A “Technology Display Show” exhibition will show case products and services required by Medical Devices and Diagnostics Industries. It will also include Industry visits and demonstrations.
Chief Guest of the event will be Dr S. Eswara Reddy, Drugs Controller General Of India, Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO), while Key Note Address will be given by Mr. Rajneesh Tingal – Joint Secretary, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Department of Pharmaceuticals. Guests of Honors will include Dr. H.G. Koshia – Commissioner – Food & Drug Control Administration (Gujarat State), Gandhinagar, Mr.Kishore Khanna, Managing Director, Romsons Group of Industries, Agra, Mr. Rajiv Nath, Forum Coordinator, Association of Indian Med. Device Industry (AiMeD) and Jt. MD, Hindustan Syringes & Med. Ltd., Faridabad, Mr.Suranjan Gupta , Executive Director, Engg. Export Promotion Council, Delhi, Dr.Arvind Kukrety -Deputy Drugs Controller, CDSCO , Zonal Office, Ahmedabad, Mr Prakash Bachani -Scientist &Head (MHD),Bureau Of Indian Standards, Delhi & Dr. Kiran Kalia- Director, NIPER, Ahmedabad. Mr. Masayuki Sakai, Asia Pacific Lead, Healthcare, INEOS Styrolution from Japan will speak about “Technological Innovation In StyrenicsFor Infusion Set and Drug Delivery Housing Applications”.
This time Special Focus of the event is on Medical Polymers & Processing , Medical Textile / Other Materials, Medical Device Manufacturing , Quality Assurance & Certification , Regulations , Market Trends & Analysis , Technology , Research & Developments , Packaging & Sterilization. Highlights of the events will include Presentations , Panel Discussions , Seminars / Workshops on – Bio- Compatibility Testing , Drug /Device Comb. Products, Orthopaedic Implants Mfg., Medical Plastics Processing etc., Technology Show Exhibition, “AiMeD” members’ meeting. Our Mission is to create a platform for the Indian Medical Device Industry with National and International Materials / Machinery / Technology / Product / Service providers with an objective to facilitate an environment of healthy growth. The event is the pioneer and only one of its kinds in India for the medical device industry, and has proved to be a unique celebration of Knowledge Sharing, Brain storming and Networking, D L Pandya, Conference Convener & Editor and CEO of Medical Plastics Magazine said.
This annual conference for the Indian Medical Devices and Plastics Disposables / Implants Industry is being organized since 2001 with close involvement and support of the Leading Industry Associations both in Medical Devices , Pharmaceuticals & Plastics Sectors. During the previous event held in March 2017, more than 55 experts shared their rich experience, knowledge and vision with more than 500 delegates. In the Technology Display Show Exhibition, about 35 Companies showcased their Products and Services required by Medical Devices, Disposables and Diagnostics Industry. Expert Speakers, Exhibitors and Delegates came from various countries including USA, UK, Germany, China as well as The Netherlands as well as from various cross sections of Indian Medical Devices and allied industries.
Dr Jitendar Sharma , MD & CEO , AMTZ & Advisor, Health & Med. Tech., Govt. of A.P., Visakhapatanam will lead a Panel Discussion & the speakers will be:
1. Mr. Rajiv Nath – Forum Coordinator, Association of Indian Medical Device Industry (AIMED) and Joint Managing Director, Hindustan Syringes & Medical Devices Ltd., Faridabad
2. Mr. Kishore Khanna, Managing Director, Romsons Group of Industries, Agra
3. Mr. Rajeev Chabra, President, Orthopaedic Implant Manufacturers, Association.* / Mr Vivek Sharma , Secretary, Orthopaedic Implant Manufacturers , Association
4. Mr.HitenbhaiBheda, President, All India Plastic Manufacturers’ Association (AIPMA), & Managing Director, Vinit Performance Polymers Pvt Ltd., Mumbai
5. Dr. Tamal Sarkar, Executive Director, Foundation for MSME Cluster (FMC New Delhi)*
6. Mr.Anand Srinivasan ,Country Head ( Polycarbonate Resin ) , Covestro ( India ) Pvt Ltd, Mumbai
7. Dr.Alok Ray,Former , Professor & Head, Centre For Biomedical Engineering , IIT, New Delhi
Day 2 session of the conference has been sponsored by Accuprec Research Labs Pvt. Ltd & it will have following speakers:
1. Dr. Viranchi Shah : President, IDMA & MD, Saga Laboratories
2. Overview of the Medical Device Regulations : by Dr. Arvind Kukrety : Deputy Drugs Controller, CDSCO , Zonal Office, Ahmedabad
3. Stent – Man Made Marvel of Device and Drug Combination by Dr L Ramanan: Chief Technology Officer, Sahajanand Medical Technologies, Surat
4. Drug / Device Combination Products : Market Overview and Opportunities : by Dr. Atul Sardana : Director, Alfa Corpuscles Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
5. Significance of Intellectual Property Righst (Mainly Design and Patent) In Drug Device Combination Products : by Mr. Padmin Buch :BoA Chairman, Accuprec Research Labs Pvt. Ltd., Ahmedabad
6. Requirement of Regulatory Testing for Drug / Device Combination Products : by Dr. Manish Rachchh : Director (R & D) & CEO, Accuprec Research Labs Pvt Ltd.
7. Dr. Chirag Patel : Asst. Prof., Microbiology, Shree Krishna Hospital Karamsad
8. Mr. Anupam Gupta : National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies (NABCB)
9. Testing Of Prefilled Syringes – a case study-Mr Pratik Banker :Hem TechsysPvt Ltd, Vadodara
10. Quality and Regulatory Perspective for Drug / Device Combination Products: by Ms.Preeti Vani :Head Medical Device Division, Sahajanand Laser Technology Ltd.
Technology Display Show 2018 Exhibition will be held Displaying Materials, Adhesives , New Technologies , Manufacturing / Testing Equipments, Packaging / Sterilization Equipments And Supplies For Medical Device Industry