Lal Bus lost Rs 18 crore in Corona and now BJP will give Rs 8 crore to contractors

Ahmedabad, 28 June 2020

Ahmedabad’s Red Bus lost Rs 18 crore in revenue as the bus was stopped during the lockout. However, the contractors fixed by the BJP will be paid Rs 8 crore.

AMT in Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation S and Janmarg buses were closed since 20 March. Unlock 1 debuted 70 days later. Private contractors with good relations with BJP leaders will be given crores of rupees for 60 days.

A total of 700 buses ran daily in AMTS. Of these, 630 buses belong to private contractors. 30 per cent of the fixed price per kilometer will be given.

Two-month diesel or CNG has not been counted. Therefore, the price per kilometer has been cut by 35 percent. Of the remaining salary and other expenses, 65 percent is to be paid as 50 percent and 32.5 percent. Also decided to give 30 percent compensation.

Salary has been paid during the bandh. Fuel was not provided as per the tender condition. It has been decided to pay The bus was running for patients and nursing staff.