Asia’s biggest solar project in Gujarat or MP? Modi will inaugurate the project 6 months after it was launched

Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate Asia’s largest solar plant through video conferencing at Rewa in Madhya Pradesh on Friday morning. The capacity of this plant is 750 MW of solar project. The plant is spread over 1590 acres in Gurha, 25 km from Rewa district headquarters. In January this year, 750 MW of power generation started from here, but it was not inaugurated due to lack of time of Prime Minister Modi. It will now open in just a few minutes from Delhi.

The project is also the first renewable energy project to be provided to an institutional customer outside the state. The project will supply 24 per cent of the total generation to the Delhi Metro, while the remaining 76 per cent will be supplied to the state power distribution companies in Madhya Pradesh.

National Thermal Power Corporation Ltd – NTPC is setting up the largest solar park in Kutch, Gujarat at a cost of Rs 20,000 crore at a cost of Rs 20,000 crore. Now NTPC wants to set up Astra Mega Solar Park in Kutch. Two to three places in Kutch district have been selected for this solar park, out of which one park will be set up. Solar parks have been set up in Banaskantha, Kutch and various areas of Gujarat. The Charanka Solar Park in Banaskantha was considered large. The cost of solar energy is Rs 4 crore per MW. NTPC wants to set up a solar park in Rajasthan. Adani is building a large solar park in Rajasthan. NTPC is also looking for land for a solar park. In addition to the solar park, the NTPC company also wants to set up a floating park. The company is looking at other states besides Gujarat for this project. NTPC aims to install 30,000 MW of solar power by 2030. At present the total installed capacity of NTPC is 55786 MW.

Gujarat is a hub of clean green energy with maximum production and consumption of solar energy. Gujarat has been the number one solar rooftop plant in the country. Gujarat has also achieved remarkable achievements by installing 208 MW plants from 55630 solar rooftop systems in a short span of only 9 months. Solar rooftop plant on a total of 110029 houses in Gujarat by 19th June 2020

According to the website reports of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), a total of 558.17 MW solar rooftop plants have been set up in the state of Gujarat by May 31, 2020.

The country aims to generate 1.75 lakh MW of solar power by 2022. “Surya Gujarat” is a solar rooftop scheme to ensure maximum utilization of solar energy for household use in Gujarat. Which will be on the roofs of 8 lakh houses by 2022.

The subsidy amount is 40 per cent of the fixed price up to 3 kW and more than 3 kW and 20 per cent subsidy up to 10 kW is given by the government. For this purpose, a provision of Rs. 912 crore has been made in the state budget for 2020-21. 8 lakh households will get a subsidy of Rs. 11500 per household. The power distribution company also buys additional electricity at a price of Rs 2.25 per unit. As on 19 June 2020, 1.28 lakh applications for Solar Rooftop have been received on the online portal.

States leading in installing solar rooftop plants
Gujarat ranks first with 558.17 mega watts
Rajasthan ranks second with 266.82 mega watts,
Maharashtra ranks third with 245.50 mega watts,
Karnataka ranks fourth with 232.77 mega watts,
Delhi ranks fifth with 156.20 mega watts,
Tamil Nadu ranks sixth with 156 mega watts,
Uttar Pradesh ranks seventh with 146.10 mega watts,
Haryana ranks eighth with 121.34 mega watts,
Punjab ranks ninth with 118.52 mega watts,
Telangana ranks tenth with 118.22 mega watts.