Gandhinagar, 2 September 2020
In the Gujarat State Cabinet meeting on September 2, 2020, it has been decided that farmers who have lost their crops due to heavy rains will be provided assistance by the state government on the basis of SDRF. The damage survey will be completed in the next 15 days.
Congress and BJP MLAs, MPs, leaders have been forced to take a decision after pressurizing Rupani by representing the government to help farmers in the loss of crops in the Kharif season this year. Decided not because of farmers.
Assistance will be paid to farmers with more than 33 percent loss. Survey work is going on in the fields where the rain water has returned. The survey work will be started after the water is released in the fields which are still full of water.
Agriculture Minister Ranchod Faldu said that the state received 125 per cent rainfall on average this year. 33% will be compensated for crop failure.
Government does not have answers to these questions
- Waterlogging in the fields for 10 to 30 days has dried up 50 percent of the state’s crops. Will farmers be reimbursed?
- If 50% of the seeds have failed, will it provide relief in the amount of Rs 5,000 crore?
- Fertilizer, medicine, labor, irrigation, electricity have caused a loss of Rs.10 to 15 thousand crores, will 20 lakh farmers give compensation to the land holder?
- Will Narmada water be given to farmers in 18 lakh hectares?
- What is the 33% loss? Damage from floods, water or farm erosion?