Gandhinagar, Friday: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani held a detailed talk with Ahmedabad Civil Hospital’s Superintendent Dr. M.M. Prabhakar through videoconferencing from here today about wide range of facilities available for treatment of novel coronavirus COVID-19 patients.
Dr. Prabhakar informed the Chief Minister that patients get all the facilities, including ventilators, for treatment as per the guidelines of the Union Ministry of Health.
Other facilities include:
• Patients are administered medicines regularly as per their need in consultation with doctors;
• There is adequate stock of medicines at the hospital, including life saving injection Tocilizumab;
• There is facility for special laboratory testing like D-Dimer, Ferritin, etc;
• There is facility for radiological tests for X-ray, CT Scan, ECG, etc;
• Patients can talk to their relatives through video calls and give feedback;
• Patients are served breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea twice, snacks, juice, buttermilk daily in their bed;
• Arrangement is made for the relatives of the patients at modern tents with TV and other facilities like yoga classes;
• Every corona ward has four mobiles and PRO;
• Relatives of patients are informed a day before they are discharged through SMS;
• Patients are discharged at the appointed time between 2.30 and 4.30 with medicines (as per the guidelines), with arrangement to drop them at their homes;
• Patients are discharged after they are cured as per the guidelines of the Union Ministry of Health;